Cheapest 2003 BMW M3 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better auto insurance rates for your BMW M3? Finding better insurance prices for a BMW M3 can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates so you’re covered behind the wheel.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes on a BMW and get the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Locating the best coverage can be fairly easy. Consumers just need to learn the best way to compare prices on the web.
How can you be sure to get all your discounts?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts for your vehicle coverage that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied at the time of purchase of the vehicle, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to to be covered while out on the roads.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less for the owner due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your BMW can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Companies that may offer these benefits include:
Check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in your area.
Can you get insurance prices online?
Comparing insurance rates can take time and effort if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way to do it. You could spend your day talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could save time and use the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers complete one form, and at least one company provides a quote. This eliminates the need for quote forms for each company you want a rate for. To use this form to compare 2003 BMW M3 insurance rates click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to using this type of system is you don’t know exactly which carriers to receive prices from. If you would rather choose individual companies to compare rates, we put together a list of companies who write insurance in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever way you use, compare identical quote information for each comparison quote. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate for your BMW M3.
What factors impact BMW M3 rates?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on insurance. It is viewed as being more responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you file claims often, you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance companies award discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your BMW M3 scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most insurers give discounts to people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you still need to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers tend to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
The truth is that older vehicles are often cheaper to insure, as it would cost less to repair or replace older models. The 1st owner or 2nd owner of a new vehicle may end up paying more than later on down the line with the 3rd owner, 4th owner, 5th owner, 6th owner, or even more than that. One exception would be with classic cars which have a specific type of coverage.
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Can you really save $411 a year?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies say the same thing about savings after switching your coverage to them.
How does each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies can use profiling for the right customer that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 40, is a homeowner, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be quoted more money and this can result in business not being written. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest BMW M3 insurance rates.
What are the coverage details?
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles so that you’re covered out on city streets and country roads alike. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Auto liability – This protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things like medical services, medical expenses, structural damage and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your M3 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, and sustaining damage from a pothole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower-value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your BMW M3.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a broken windshield, fire damage and vandalism. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, surgery, dental work, hospital visits and funeral costs. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Can you get affordable insurance?
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest 2003 BMW M3 insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
You just learned a lot of techniques to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area