Cheapest 2003 Cadillac CTS Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? You are no different than many other drivers.
Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate constantly blast consumers with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Free Insurance Quotes
All the larger insurance companies provide pricing online. Getting online rates is quite simple as you just type in your personal and coverage information into a form. Once you submit the form, their system gets reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on many factors. This makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to multiple sites and fill out multiple forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it is imperative to do this in order to find a better rate.
The better way to compare rates
The smarter way to locate the lowest prices requires only one form that obtains quotes from more than one company. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable. After sending your information, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any of the resulting price quotes. If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here and begin entering your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you will get an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for CTS coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10% for CTS coverage.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount for CTS coverage with select insurance companies.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurers with the best insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads in print and on television. They all seem to have a common claim that you can save after switching your coverage to them. How does each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for this ideal profile will be charged higher premiums which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can truthfully advertise the savings. That is why it is so important to get as many comparisons as possible. It is impossible to predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest Cadillac CTS insurance rates.
Insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Cadillac CTS.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like chiropractic care, doctor visits, hospital visits, ambulance fees and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a broken windshield, damage from flooding, fire damage and vandalism. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage covers damage to your CTS resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like emergency aid, structural damage, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Cheaper 2003 Cadillac CTS insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance coverage is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
More tips and info about insurance coverage can be found at these sites:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I compare auto insurance rates?
You can compare auto insurance rates by visiting the websites of different insurance companies and filling out their online forms. This process requires you to enter your personal and coverage information, and the system will generate quotes based on various factors. However, this method can be time-consuming and repetitive. An alternative is to use a single form that obtains quotes from multiple companies, saving you time and effort. By submitting your information once, you can receive quotes from several companies and choose the one with the best rate.
How can I ensure I’m getting all available discounts?
Auto insurance companies often offer various discounts, but not all of them are listed in an easily accessible place. To make sure you’re getting all the discounts you’re eligible for, it’s recommended to research both well-known and lesser-known savings tricks. Keep in mind that some credits only apply to specific insurance coverages and may not result in a 100% discount. You can find a list of insurers with the best insurance coverage discounts to explore potential savings opportunities.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Determining the right insurance coverage for your vehicles can be challenging as there is no one-size-fits-all plan. If you find it difficult to answer questions about your coverage needs, it may be beneficial to speak with an insurance agent who can provide professional guidance. Agents can assess your situation and help you choose the appropriate coverage based on your specific needs and circumstances. You can complete a short form to get in touch with an agent in your area or consult a list of insurance coverage companies.
Are advertising claims by auto insurance companies accurate?
Auto insurance companies often advertise savings and claim that customers can save money by switching to their coverage. However, these claims are typically based on a specific customer profile that meets the company’s preferred risk criteria. Customers who fit this profile may qualify for the lowest rates and experience significant savings by switching companies. It’s important to note that not everyone who receives a quote will save that much money. To find the best rates, it’s crucial to compare quotes from multiple auto insurance companies.
What are the basic coverages in an insurance policy?
Understanding the specific coverages of your insurance policy is essential for selecting appropriate coverage, deductibles, and limits. Here are some common coverages found in most insurance policies:
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM): Provides protection when the other driver involved in an accident is uninsured or doesn’t have enough coverage. It covers hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your vehicle.
- Med Pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Cover medical expenses such as chiropractic care, doctor visits, hospital visits, ambulance fees, and dental work. These coverages can fill the gap in your health insurance policy or provide coverage when you don’t have health insurance.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Pays for damages to your vehicle resulting from incidents other than collision with another vehicle or object. It covers damages from events such as a broken windshield, fire, vandalism, and flooding. The payout is based on the actual cash value (ACV) of your vehicle.
- Collision Protection: Covers damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with another object or car. You’ll need to pay a deductible, and the insurance company will cover the remaining damage.
- Liability Insurance: Protects you from damage caused to others’ property or people in an accident. It includes bodily injury coverage per person, bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage. The coverage limits are indicated in the policy, such as 25/50/25, which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage per person
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area