2003 Jaguar S-Type Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower car insurance rates for your Jaguar S-Type? Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced car insurance? Trust us when we tell you many consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with catchy ads and it can be hard to see through the deception and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s a great practice to compare rates yearly because rates change regularly. Just because you found the best price for S-Type insurance on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Starting now, forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the quickest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to find better prices and still get good coverage. Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. Drivers just need to understand the proper methods to compare price quotes online.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals
There are a variety of methods you can shop for 2003 Jaguar S-Type auto insurance and some are easier and takes less work. You can spend countless hours talking to agents in your area, or you could save time and use the web to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most of the larger companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and every company provides a quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms for every auto insurance company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here to start a free quote.
The one downside to getting quotes like this is buyers cannot specifically choose the providers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of companies who write auto insurance in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare identical coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison.
Save on 2003 Jaguar S-Type insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Jaguar could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% for S-Type insurance with select insurance companies.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates for S-Type insurance.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates, click this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my 2003 Jaguar S-Type covered for flood damage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Car insurance coverages for a 2003 Jaguar S-Type
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your S-Type resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverage – This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things such as legal defense fees, attorney fees, medical services, medical expenses and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Jaguar S-Type.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like dental work, chiropractic care, pain medications and doctor visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area