Save on 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance rates for your Mazda MX-5 Miata? Comparison shopping for insurance is a challenge for consumers not familiar with buying insurance online. You have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a big hassle to compare prices.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage at least once a year since insurance rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates for MX-5 Miata coverage a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. This information will tell you how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, consumers should learn how big insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. The recommended way to find the cheapest 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance rates is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The most efficient way consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. One form gets rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online is to manually visit the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For example, we’ll pretend you want rates from GEICO, Progressive and American Family. To get each rate you have to go to every website and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method to compare rates is to spend your day driving to local insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. You can, however, compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare the exact same coverages and limits on every quote you get. If each company quotes different liability limits you can’t possibly determine the best price for your Mazda MX-5 Miata. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. And when comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps you find better pricing.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Does my 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata need full coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Learn about insurance coverages for a 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Mazda MX-5 Miata.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your MX-5 Miata from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses such as hospital visits, surgery, nursing services, ambulance fees and doctor visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like court costs, legal defense fees, structural damage, attorney fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area