Cheapest 2003 Mercury Sable Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of car insurance company choices? Many other drivers are as well. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a challenge to compare prices.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. This article will teach you the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. Although vehicle owners should learn how big insurance companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
How to Compare Car Insurance Rates
There are several ways you can shop for Mercury Sable car insurance but one way is more efficient than others. You could waste a few hours talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to maximize your effort.
Most of the larger companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers send in one quote, and every company provides a quote. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions to each individual car insurance company. To find out how much you can save on car insurance click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify the providers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to request quotes from, we have a page of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, make sure you use exactly the same coverage information with each company. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best. Slightly different insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just remember that getting more free quotes helps locate better pricing.
Are auto insurance companies telling the truth?
Allstate and Progressive consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the companies make an identical promise that you can save if you change to them. But how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a desirable insured might be between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for the requirements will have to pay a more expensive rate and ends up with business not being written. The ads state “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That is how companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, you need to compare as many rates as you can. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest Mercury Sable insurance rates.
Factors determining your Mercury Sable insurance premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to file a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Credit scores impact car insurance rates – A driver’s credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2003 Mercury Sable by improving your credit score. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles you can purchase when buying car insurance. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- More claims means more premium – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies award better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Your location is important – Residing in less populated areas is a positive aspect when talking about car insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Your job and insurance rates – Careers like lawyers, social workers and accountants tend to have higher rates than average because of stressful work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like pilots, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates on Sable coverage.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If the Mercury Sable is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Best discounts on 2003 Mercury Sable coverage
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off on Sable coverage with select insurance companies.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Sable coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on Sable coverage.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies who might offer some of the above discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is my Mercury Sable covered if I use it for business?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2003 Mercury Sable?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does my 2003 Mercury Sable need full coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverages – This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as funeral expenses, attorney fees, structural damage, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for things like EMT expenses, dental work, pain medications and nursing services. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a deer, falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Mercury Sable.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Have the Midas touch
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to compare 2003 Mercury Sable insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company.
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Cost effective insurance can be bought both online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional information is located below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area