Cheapest 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 31, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Toyota MR2 Spyder can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance coverage rates so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a Toyota and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
How to save on 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance on MR2 Spyder coverage.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates on MR2 Spyder coverage.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on MR2 Spyder coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
For a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts, click here to view.
How to Compare Auto Insurance
All major auto insurance companies provide coverage price quotes directly from their websites. This process is pretty easy as you just enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on these and other factors.
Online quotes makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit several different sites and enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get better prices.
Quote rates the easy way
The quickest way to compare rates requires only one form to return rates from multiple companies. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes price shopping online much more enjoyable. After sending the form, it gets priced and you can choose your choice of the returned quotes.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase coverage. It only takes a few minutes and may result in a nice savings.
In order to find out what other companies charge, click here to open in a new tab and enter your information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting a price comparison based on identical coverages.
Some factors that can determine what Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – Companies generally give better rates to people who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Your location affects your rates – Residing in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have much more traffic to deal with and much longer commute distances. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are many add-on coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Careers like doctors, architects and dentists tend to have the highest average rates due to high stress levels and long work hours. Other occupations like farmers, historians and retirees receive lower rates on MR2 Spyder coverage.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your car insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your MR2 Spyder may be wasting your money.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men are in accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- How your age affects price – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does my 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder need full coverage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Drivers who switch save $403 a year? Really?
Drivers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all have a common claim of big savings after switching to their company.
How do they all say the same thing?
All companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk might be profiled as a mature driver, has no tickets, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher rates and ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can state the savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance coverage company will fit your personal profile best.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like funeral costs, chiropractic care and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like bail bonds, court costs and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your MR2 Spyder resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and fire damage. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
More quotes. Lower rates.
You just read many ideas to reduce 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers or poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area