Cheapest 2003 Volvo XC90 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive insurance coverage can drain your checking account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Many insurers compete for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company and get the best coverage at the best rates possible.
It’s a great practice to check insurance coverage prices once or twice a year because rates tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best rates on XC90 coverage a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting right now, ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re going to get a crash course in the quickest way to find lower rates on insurance coverage.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. But drivers do need to learn how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cut prices on 2003 Volvo XC90 insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, buy you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on XC90 coverage with certain companies.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- E-sign – Certain companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts are:
Before buying, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply in every state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I rate my 2003 Volvo XC90 as pleasure use or commute?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2003 Volvo XC90 to commute?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance coverage options for a 2003 Volvo XC90
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, hospital visits and ambulance fees. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and vandalism. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Volvo XC90.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Keep this in mind
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce 2003 Volvo XC90 insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with the least-expected company. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area