2006 Volvo XC90 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2006 Volvo XC90 are $1,050 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $180, collision costs $238, and liability costs $474. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $522 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,256 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,188 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,050
Rate estimates for 2006 Volvo XC90 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2006 Volvo XC90 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $522 for a discount liability-only rate to a much higher rate of $2,256 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences highlight why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2006 Volvo XC90 Insurance
Finding better insurance prices for a new or used Volvo XC90 could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time.
There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for a Volvo and locate the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Volvo can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums for XC90 insurance.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
For a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates, click this link.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
Finding cheaper 2006 Volvo XC90 insurance coverage prices can be quick and easy. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This form saves time by eliminating repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons from insurance coverage companies with the best prices.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A slightly less efficient method to shop for insurance coverage online is to manually visit the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Progressive, State Farm and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least efficient way to compare rates is to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for insurance coverage online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. You can, however, find lower rates online but buy from a local insurance agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make sure you use the exact same information on every quote. If you compare different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Volvo XC90 insurance rates can be determined by these details
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Even a single ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a lot of additional coverages that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem good at first, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all say the same thing that you’ll save big if you change to their company.
But how can every company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a profitable customer might be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no tickets, and has a short commute. A propective insured who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be quoted more money which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. This is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why drivers should get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Volvo XC90 insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability coverages – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, emergency aid, medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for things like hospital visits, doctor visits and ambulance fees. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like vandalism, damage from getting keyed, fire damage, damage from flooding and theft. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
In any little way, save everyday
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
We just showed you many ideas to lower your 2006 Volvo XC90 insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,659|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,794|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$65|
|5-yr Claim Free||$66|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$39|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.