2015 Volvo XC60 Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Volvo XC60 insurance can dwindle your savings account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Consumers have many insurers to choose from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more difficult to get the best deal.
Finding Insurance Coverage
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways to compare quotes from insurance coverage companies in your area. By far the easiest way to find the lowest 2015 Volvo XC60 rates is to perform an online rate comparison. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
The most efficient way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form eliminates the need for separate quotes to each individual insurance coverage company. A single, simple form will return quotes from insurance coverage companies with the best prices.
A more difficult way to get quotes online is to take the time to go to each company’s website and request a quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from USAA, Liberty Mutual and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare exactly the same coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to determine the best price for your Volvo XC60. Just a small difference in limits may result in a large different in cost. Just remember that getting more free quotes helps you find the best offered rates.
These discounts can slash auto insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Own a Home – Owning a house may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance for XC60 coverage.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
Companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in your state.
Why your Volvo XC60 insurance rates may be high
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
The following are some of the items used by your company to calculate prices.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Volvo XC60 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are quite a few additional coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- How many coverages with the same company – Some insurers provide better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when buying insurance coverage. Drivers in populated areas have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, hitting a deer, vandalism and theft. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Volvo XC60.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your XC60 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, doctor visits and nursing services. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability coverages – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, medical services, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Be a penny pincher
Low-cost 2015 Volvo XC60 insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
We just presented many tips how you can shop for insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area