How Much Does 2008 Volvo XC90 Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of auto insurance options? Many other drivers are as well. People have so many choices that it can quickly become a ton of work to compare prices.
These factors can influence Volvo XC90 insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces that factor into rates.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – A driver’s credit history is a important factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 2008 Volvo XC90 by improving your credit score. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- Sex matters – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes have accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
- Where you live – Residing in less populated areas can save you money when it comes to insurance coverage. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Save money with special equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Companies give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance coverage policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, accidental death and membership fees may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you will pay for insurance coverage. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. If your policy improperly rates your XC90 can cost quite a bit. Make sure your insurance coverage declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Increase deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Volvo from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive on XC90 coverage.
Which Car Insurance is Cheapest?
There are multiple methods to compare 2008 Volvo XC90 car insurance prices and some are easier and takes less work. You can spend countless hours talking about coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get prices fast.
Many companies take part in a program where prospective buyers submit their information once, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests for every car insurance company.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly which providers you want pricing from. So if you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare prices, we have a listing of car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever way you use, compare identical coverages and limits for every company. If your comparisons have different values for each quote it’s impossible to find the best deal for your Volvo XC90. Slightly different coverages may result in large price differences. And when comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Insurance providers like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. They all make the same claim that you can save if you switch your policy. How do they all claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer might be over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. A customer who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to the requirements will have to pay higher prices and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
Because of the profiling, you need to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Volvo XC90 insurance rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Discounts are great for lower rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings on car insurance on XC90 coverage.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Volvo can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits include:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in your area.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and dental work. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your XC90 caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as rolling your car, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like rock chips in glass, vandalism, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hail damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability car insurance
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims like emergency aid, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Volvo XC90.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Quote often and quote early
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce 2008 Volvo XC90 insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Cheaper insurance can be sourced on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional car insurance information can be found at these links:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area