Cheapest 2004 Dodge Durango Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance coverage rates for your Dodge Durango? Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced insurance coverage? Trust us when we tell you many consumers feel financially strained by their insurance coverage policy.
Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate all claim big savings, bombarding you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage periodically because rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best price for Durango insurance last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out one of the best ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Finding the best rates is not that difficult. Although car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates, click this link.
Fast and Easy Insurance Quotes
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The easiest way by far to compare 2004 Dodge Durango insurance prices consists of shopping online. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- Probably the best way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This easy form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for every insurance company. Filling out one form gets you price quotes instantly.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, let’s assume you want to compare State Farm, Liberty Mutual and Farmers. To get each rate you have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming method to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to and from local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional guidance only provided by licensed agents. Drivers can price shop your coverage online and still use a local agent and we’ll touch on that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but make absolute certain that you use identical deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If the quotes have differing limits you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your Dodge Durango. Slightly different coverages can result in a big premium difference. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find the best price.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Dodge Durango
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
- High deductibles save money – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Dodge. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your insurance coverage pays a claim. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Durango insurance.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance coverage? Occupations such as judges, business owners and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates in part from job stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates for Durango insurance.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2004 Dodge Durango by improving your rating. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some insurance coverage companies will give a discount to customers who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Marriage pays dividends – Being married can actually save you money when buying insurance coverage. It is viewed as being more mature and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Where you live is a factor – Living in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- More claims means more premium – Insurance companies award discounts to drivers who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions might help in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does my 2004 Dodge Durango qualify for pleasure use?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, attorney fees, medical expenses and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for hospital visits, nursing services, prosthetic devices, pain medications and dental work. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision coverages – This pays for damage to your Durango caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Quote more. Save more.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare 2004 Dodge Durango insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
The cheapest insurance is possible on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area