Cheapest 2004 Ford Mustang Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Perplexed by the crazy number of auto insurance companies? Many other consumers are too. Consumers have so many options available that it can easily become a real challenge to find the lowest price.
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices yearly because rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the best deal for Mustang coverage a few years ago you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance online, so I’m going to show you some great ideas on how to find affordable auto insurance.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage can be fairly easy. But car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
These discounts can lower your rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before being credited.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
Companies that may offer these benefits include:
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- American Family
Check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available everywhere.
How to Buy Car Insurance Online
When shopping for car insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. The easiest way to find the lowest 2004 Ford Mustang rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- One of the best ways to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form. This method prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests to each individual car insurance company. One simple form will get you price quotes from all major companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online is spending the time to visit each company website and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare rates from USAA, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
- The hardest way of comparing rate quotes is driving to and from local insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the personal advice of a licensed agent. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online and get advice from an agent in your area and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to compare the exact same coverage limits for every quote you compare. If each company quotes differing limits you can’t possibly make a fair comparison for your Ford Mustang. Quoting even small variations in coverages could mean much higher rates. Just keep in mind that quoting more will enable you to find the best price.
What determines your Ford Mustang insurance premium
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- Always keep insurance in force – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage might get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state department of motor vehicles.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Your credit rating is a huge factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2004 Ford Mustang by improving your rating.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Being married can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- A clean driving record saves money – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single moving violation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who get severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Discounts for multiple policies – The majority of auto insurance companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Mustang policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Where you reside plays a part – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers tend to have much more traffic to deal with and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk. Some companies allow a low mileage car insurance discount in specific states.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Different people need different coverages
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Should I rate my 2004 Ford Mustang as pleasure use or commute?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits and nursing services. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverage – This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, bail bonds and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Collision coverages – This will pay to fix damage to your Mustang resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Mustang.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism, hail damage, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Buy online or local, you save
We just showed you some good ideas how you can shop for 2004 Ford Mustang insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is easier than you think.
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find affordable auto insurance for my 2004 Ford Mustang?
To find affordable auto insurance, you can compare rates from different insurance companies online. Use a comparison rater form or visit each company’s website to get quotes. Make sure to compare the same coverage limits for accurate comparisons.
How can I find a licensed insurance agent in my area?
If you prefer to work with a local insurance agent, you can search online directories or contact your state’s insurance department for a list of licensed agents in your area. They can provide personalized advice, guidance, and help you find suitable coverage for your needs.
How can I get the best price for auto insurance?
To get the best price for auto insurance, consider comparing quotes from multiple insurance companies, maintaining a good driving record, improving your credit rating, taking advantage of available discounts, and reviewing your coverage needs regularly. Additionally, bundling policies and raising deductibles can also help lower premiums.
Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
Some insurance companies specialize in providing coverage for high-risk drivers. These companies may offer policies specifically designed for drivers with previous accidents, traffic violations, or other risk factors. It’s advisable to research and compare options from different insurers to find one that caters to high-risk drivers.
Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
The choice between split liability limits and combined limits depends on your specific needs and preferences. Split limits provide separate coverage amounts for bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident, and property damage. Combined limits provide a single coverage amount that applies to all types of liability claims. Consider your coverage requirements and consult with your insurance provider to determine the best option for you.
Should I rate my 2004 Ford Mustang as pleasure use or commute?
The rating of your vehicle use (pleasure or commute) can affect your insurance premium. Pleasure use typically implies limited driving for personal purposes, while commute indicates regular use for commuting to work or school. Accurately representing the vehicle use on your policy is important to ensure proper coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area