Cheapest 2004 Mazda 6 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 6, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Pretty sure you bought an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Say no more because there are many people just like you.
Due to the increasing number of companies and agents to choose from, it’s difficult to locate a lower cost insurance company.
Buying car insurance is not rocket science. Basically, anyone who buys car insurance will be able to reduce their rates. Nevertheless, vehicle owners do need to learn how companies price online insurance.
Buy car insurance online
Shopping for lower car insurance rates can take hours if you aren’t aware of the fastest way to get free quotes. You could spend your day talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you could save time and use the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
All the larger companies enroll in a system that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and each participating company can give them a price based on that data. This saves time by eliminating quote requests for each company you want a rate for.
To access this free quoting program, click here to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to doing it this way is that you can’t choose which providers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to compare, we have assembled a list of companies who write car insurance in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but try to keep apples-to-apples information on every quote. If you are comparing different coverage information then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Even a minor difference in coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. And when quoting car insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps locate a lower rate. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so you also need to get price estimates from those companies as well.
Ten discounts for cheaper insurance coverage rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount they offer very well, so the following list contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance coverage savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their insurance coverage company to spy on driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on your next insurance coverage statement.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get lower premium rates for 6 coverage.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better insurance coverage rates.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from home and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of your policy.
The best insurance coverage companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
- SAFECO has discounts for bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, drive less, accident prevention training, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- American Family discounts include Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, air bags, multi-vehicle, good driver, and early bird.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student, and defensive driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, multi-vehicle, military active duty, anti-theft, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- The Hartford may include discounts for defensive driver, air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and driver training.
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To see insurers that offer many of these discounts, click this link.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If my 2004 Mazda 6 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for pain medications, X-ray expenses, funeral costs, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Mazda 6.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as pain and suffering, emergency aid and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area