Cheapest 2005 Mazda 6 Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance rates for your Mazda 6? Comparing and finding low cost premium rates for insurance may be kind of frustrating for people not familiar with comparing prices online. Drivers have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a challenge to find the lowest price.
Insurance price influencing factors
Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that aid in calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance prices.
- Rates can be impacted by your employer – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers such as lawyers, executives and stock brokers have higher premium rates due to high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers like professors, students and retirees have lower than average premiums on 6 insurance.
- Premiums drop with age – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims .Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Save money with alarms and GPS tracking – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Don’t cut corners with liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in when you are found to be at fault for an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Higher prices for policy lapses – Not having insurance can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The higher the miles on your Mazda every year the more you will pay for insurance. Almost all companies charge rates based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your insurance policy states the correct usage. A policy that improperly rates your 6 may be costing you higher rates.
Double check you’re getting these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap auto insurance.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a auto insurance quote on 6 insurance.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can get you a discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies reward drivers for switching companies before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To view providers with the best discounts, follow this link.
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Mazda 6.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your 6 from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, theft, vandalism and a broken windshield. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for EMT expenses, doctor visits, surgery and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like medical services, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
One last thing
We just showed you a lot of tips how to get a better price on 2005 Mazda 6 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheap auto insurance. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Lower-priced insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
When you buy auto insurance online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance?
Many factors influence auto insurance rates, including your motor vehicle report, credit history, and financial stability. These factors, among others, are used by insurance companies to calculate your premium.
Are there any discounts available to lower insurance rates?
Yes, there are discounts that can help reduce your insurance rates. While some discounts are automatically applied when you complete an application, others need to be specifically requested. It’s important to note that not all discounts apply to the entire policy premium, as they may only reduce the cost of specific coverages.
How do I find providers with the best discounts?
To find providers offering the best discounts, you can follow the provided link or compare quotes from different companies by entering your ZIP code on the page
Is there a single car insurance plan that fits everyone?
No, the best car insurance coverage varies depending on individual needs. Each person’s situation is unique, and coverage should be tailored accordingly. If you’re unsure about the coverage you need, it may be helpful to consult with a licensed agent.
What are the coverage specifics I should be aware of?
Understanding the specific coverages in your policy is crucial for selecting the right options, deductibles, and limits. The language used in policies can be confusing, and even insurance agents may struggle with interpreting it. It’s important to clarify any ambiguities and ask questions to fully comprehend the coverage terms.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area