Mitsubishi Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one cherishes buying insurance, especially when their premiums are through the roof.
Numerous insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every provider to get the best price available.
Cut your premium with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Eclipse insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
To see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts, click here.
Factors that might impact rates for a Mitsubishi Eclipse
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance prices.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more you drive each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your Eclipse can cost quite a bit.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Mitsubishi Eclipse scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Jobs such as judges, social workers and accountants tend to have higher rates than average because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates on Eclipse insurance.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Mitsubishi from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be on Eclipse insurance.
- Never go without insurance – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- More claims means more premium – Car insurance companies generally give cheaper rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse is totaled?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse is worth?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Learn about car insurance coverages for a 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds, medical services, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for things like prosthetic devices, surgery and ambulance fees. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from flooding, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The most your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Eclipse resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Be a money saver!
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
The cheapest 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
We just showed you many ways to lower your insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Additional auto insurance information can be read below:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area