Cheapest 2004 Mitsubishi Galant Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance prices for a Mitsubishi Galant could be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes on a Mitsubishi and obtain the cheapest rates.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize car insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as whether you drive to work or school, your credit rating estimate, if it has an alarm system, and what your job is. That information is automatically sent to many of the top insurers and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
Save with discounts on 2004 Mitsubishi Galant insurance
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your policy on Galant coverage.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered in your area.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save if you move to them.
How can each company claim to save you money?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk could be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer who matches those parameters receives the best rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who fall outside this ideal profile will be quoted higher prices and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to compare many company’s rates. It is impossible to predict which insurance coverage company will have the lowest Mitsubishi Galant insurance rates.
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Mitsubishi Galant.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Coverage for liability – This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical services, emergency aid and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a broken windshield, theft, vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your Galant from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, surgery and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Don’t be a big spender
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, high prices, delays in responding to claim requests or even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
The cheapest 2004 Mitsubishi Galant insurance can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
More detailed insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant, you can follow these steps:
- Access online portals provided by car insurance companies that allow you to compare their rates.
- Provide the necessary information, such as your ZIP code, commuting habits, credit rating estimate, alarm system presence, and occupation.
- The top insurers will receive this information and return rate quotes almost instantly, allowing you to compare prices and choose the cheapest option.
What discounts are available for 2004 Mitsubishi Galant insurance?
Car insurance companies offer various discounts to help you save money. While not all discounts are advertised prominently, here are some of the discounts commonly available:
- Good driver discount: Offered to drivers with a clean driving record.
- Multi-policy discount: Provided when you have multiple insurance policies with the same company.
- Good student discount: Available for students who maintain a certain GPA.
- Safety feature discount: Given to vehicles equipped with safety features like anti-lock brakes and airbags.
- Low mileage discount: Offered to drivers who don’t exceed a certain number of miles annually.
It’s important to check with each company to see which discounts they provide, as some may not be available in your area.
How do car insurance companies claim to save me money?
Car insurance companies claim to save you money based on their preferred customer profiles. Each company has a target customer segment they prefer to insure. If you fit that profile, which typically includes factors like age, driving record, and annual mileage, you’ll receive the best rates and potentially save a significant amount of money.
However, if you don’t fit their preferred profile, you may be quoted higher prices. This is why it’s crucial to compare rates from multiple companies to find the one offering the lowest insurance rates for your Mitsubishi Galant.
What are the different types of coverage available for car insurance?
Car insurance typically includes several types of coverage, including:
- Liability coverage: Covers injuries or damages you cause to others in an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle from events like theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Collision coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle from collisions with other vehicles or objects.
- UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage: Protects you if the other party is uninsured or lacks sufficient coverage.
- Medical payments and PIP (Personal Injury Protection) coverage: Provide coverage for medical expenses resulting from an accident.
It’s important to review your policy and understand the specifics of each coverage type, including the limits and deductibles.
Should I sacrifice coverage to reduce my premiums?
While it may be tempting to reduce coverage to lower your premiums, it’s generally not recommended. Sacrificing coverage could leave you financially vulnerable in the event of an accident or other unforeseen circumstances.
Instead of compromising on coverage, consider other ways to save, such as comparing rates from different insurers, taking advantage of available discounts, or adjusting your deductible. The goal is to find the best coverage at an affordable rate, ensuring you have adequate protection while minimizing costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area