Cheapest 2004 Subaru Outback Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other drivers. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
You should take the time to price shop coverage once or twice a year because rates change frequently. Just because you had the lowest price for Outback insurance a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Finding the best rates is quite easy. If you have a current insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners only need to know the tricks to get comparison rates online.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons is to understand auto insurance companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like how old drivers are, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, if a SR-22 is needed, and your credit rating estimate. Your information is automatically sent to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
These discounts can slash insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every available discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for Outback insurance with certain companies.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying insurance for Outback insurance.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- College Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Outback insurance than drivers with accident claims.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies who might offer these benefits are:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
Subaru Outback insurance rates can be determined by these details
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your Subaru each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your Outback can result in significantly higher rates.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married helps lower the price on your insurance policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Subaru Outback has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- How your age affects price – Youthful drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance is the protection if you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2004 Subaru Outback is totaled?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all say the same thing that you can save if you change your policy.
How does each company make almost identical claims?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured might be between 25 and 40, is a homeowner, and has great credit. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the requirements will be quoted higher prices which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can claim big savings. This emphasizes why drivers must get as many quotes as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as bail bonds, court costs and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like chiropractic care, doctor visits, pain medications, ambulance fees and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Outback resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a broken windshield, hitting a deer, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Subaru Outback.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Don’t throw your cash in the trash
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
You just learned a lot of information how to lower your 2004 Subaru Outback insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Lower-priced insurance can be found on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area