Cheapest 2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one enjoys paying for car insurance, in particular when they are paying too much. Online insurance companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads and it can be hard to ignore the propoganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons occasionally because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Grand Vitara coverage two years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Finding the best rates is quite easy. Drivers just need to know the most effective way to buy insurance coverage online.
Elements that influence Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes cause accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Small claims can cost you – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies generally give better rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Being married can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Suzuki. Examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on Grand Vitara coverage.
Free Quotes for Insurance
Finding a lower price on 2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. Drivers just need to take time comparing rates online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for each company. A single, simple form will return quotes from all major companies.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online requires you to visit the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, we’ll assume you want to compare Liberty Mutual, State Farm and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient way to get comparison rates is driving around to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the professional advice of a local agent. It is possible to comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use identical coverage information for every quote you compare. If you have higher or lower deductibles you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Suzuki Grand Vitara.
Drivers who switch save $455 a year? Really?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all make an identical promise that you’ll save big after switching your policy.
How does each company claim to save you money?
Different companies can use profiling for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be quoted more money which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “people who quote” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. This emphasizes why you should quote coverage with many companies. Because you never know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Save with discounts on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% on Grand Vitara coverage.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% on Grand Vitara coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance on Grand Vitara coverage.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of providers with discount insurance rates, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Grand Vitara from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, funeral costs and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a broken windshield, theft, hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and fire damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as structural damage, bail bonds and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Don’t throw your cash in the trash
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on 2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Low-cost insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area