2004 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2004 Volkswagen Jetta are $958 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs around $152 a year, collision insurance costs $188, and liability costs $460. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $510 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,056 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $3,890 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $958
Rate estimates for 2004 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2004 Volkswagen Jetta models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $510 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a high of $2,056 for a high risk driver.
These differences demonstrate why it is important for drivers to compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2004 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Searching for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Volkswagen Jetta? Consumers who are new to the process of buying insurance online will find finding low-cost auto insurance is harder than they anticipated.
It is always a good idea to compare prices periodically because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Jetta insurance on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for before being credited.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% on Jetta insurance depending on your company.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Insurance companies who might offer these benefits include:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
Check with each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
Your Volkswagen Jetta insurance rate is a complex equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes have accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers with serious tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Credit scores impact car insurance rates – A driver’s credit history is a important factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2004 Volkswagen Jetta by repairing your credit. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- Marriage brings a discount – Getting married can actually save you money on car insurance. It is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as falling objects, theft, a broken windshield, vandalism and hail damage. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as emergency aid, structural damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Volkswagen Jetta.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like dental work, funeral costs, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
This coverage pays for damage to your Jetta caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
More choices the merrier
We just covered many ideas to lower your 2004 Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Budget-conscious insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional learning opportunities
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,515|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,638|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$57|
|5-yr Claim Free||$59|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$33|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.