Cheapest 2004 Volvo S80 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding affordable insurance on the web can be rather challenging for beginners to buying insurance on the web. With a ridiculous number of companies competing online, how can you possibly compare the different rates to find the best price?
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your policy for S80 coverage.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- Distant Student – Children living away from home attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Insurance Coverage Prices
Effectively comparing insurance coverage prices is a ton of work if you don’t utilize the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can utilize the internet to get the quickest rates.
All the larger companies enroll in a system that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company can provide price quotes for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to every company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to open in new window.
The single downside to doing it this way is that you can’t choose the insurers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we put together a list of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use exactly the same coverage information for every quote you compare. If you enter higher or lower deductibles it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Volvo S80. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Should I rate my 2004 Volvo S80 as pleasure use or commute?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Volvo S80
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills like prosthetic devices, doctor visits, X-ray expenses and pain medications. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like vandalism, theft and hail damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Be Smart and Buy Smart
Discount 2004 Volvo S80 insurance is possible online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area