Cheapest 2005 Acura RL Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance prices for your Acura RL can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for your Acura and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons at least once a year since insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the lowest price for RL insurance a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. So forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the quickest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Pricing the best coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Drivers only need to know the proper way to compare price quotes on the web.
Factors that might impact rates for an Acura RL
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Higher deductibles cost less – The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, or theft. The more you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for RL insurance.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Credit rating is a huge factor in your rate calculation. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2005 Acura RL by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
Compare Quotes for Auto Insurance
Getting a lower price on 2005 Acura RL insurance can be surprisingly simple. Just invest a few minutes comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for every auto insurance company. Filling out one form will return price quotes from several companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A different way to get comparison quotes requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare and request a quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare Auto-Owners, Esurance and Farmers. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The least recommended way of getting rate comparisons is driving to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional guidance of a local agent. You can, however, price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Which method you use is up to you, but double check that you are using identical coverage limits with every price quote. If each company quotes different values for each quote you will not be able to find the best deal for your Acura RL.
Do you qualify for discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better car insurance rates for RL insurance.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
Companies that possibly offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply in your area.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2005 Acura RL?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Learn about car insurance coverages for a 2005 Acura RL
Having a good grasp of car insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses like dental work, nursing services and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Acura RL.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hail damage, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your RL resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability – Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like court costs, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
In the end, you save
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation or even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Cheaper 2005 Acura RL insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors might impact rates for an Acura RL?
Several factors can impact the insurance rates for an Acura RL, including the driver’s age, location, driving record, credit history, and the coverage options selected.
How can I compare auto insurance quotes for my 2005 Acura RL?
You can compare auto insurance quotes for your 2005 Acura RL by using different methods. You can either visit the websites of insurance companies and request quotes individually or use online comparison tools that provide multiple quotes from various insurers. Ensure that you compare quotes with identical coverage limits for accurate comparisons.
Are there any discounts available for Acura RL insurance?
Yes, there may be discounts available for Acura RL insurance. Insurance companies often offer discounts for factors such as safe driving records, bundling policies, anti-theft devices, safety features, good student grades, and more. It’s important to check with each insurance company to inquire about the discounts they offer.
Is there a one-size-fits-all insurance coverage for Acura RL?
No, there is no one-size-fits-all insurance coverage for Acura RL or any other vehicle. Insurance coverage needs vary for each individual based on factors such as their driving habits, location, and personal preferences. It’s recommended to assess your specific needs and consult with a licensed insurance agent to determine the appropriate coverage for your Acura RL.
What are the common car insurance coverages for a 2005 Acura RL?
Common car insurance coverages for a 2005 Acura RL may include:
- Liability insurance:
- Medical expense insurance
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Collision coverage
- Personal injury protection (PIP) or no-fault coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area