Cheapest 2001 Acura RL Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shopping for the most affordable insurance over the internet can be rather challenging for consumers not familiar with shopping for insurance online. With dozens of insurers available, how can drivers have a chance to compare every company to locate the best available rates?
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known insurance savings.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Driver Safety – Completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can help you save on insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of providers offering insurance discounts, follow this link.
Elements that influence Acura RL insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like lawyers, business owners and dentists have the highest average rates because of high stress levels and long work hours. Other occupations such as pilots, historians and homemakers get better rates for RL coverage.
- Too many car insurance claims drive up costs – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies generally give better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Credit history is a huge factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2001 Acura RL by improving your credit score. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Getting married helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Your age impacts your rates – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Are you male or female? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Everyone needs different coverages
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Does my 2001 Acura RL qualify for pleasure use?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all seem to say the same thing about savings if you move to their company. How do they all say the same thing?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured might be over the age of 50, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile must pay more money which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently state the savings. This illustrates why you need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Insurance policy specifics
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses for prosthetic devices, hospital visits, chiropractic care, EMT expenses and surgery. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Liability coverages – Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like bail bonds, medical expenses, court costs, loss of income and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your RL resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and rock chips in glass. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Shop around and save
Cheap 2001 Acura RL insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance coverage company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area