Cheapest 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower auto insurance rates for your Mercury Grand Marquis? Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced auto insurance? Trust us, there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance. Drivers have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates.
Consumers need to compare prices periodically since rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest price on Grand Marquis insurance two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Don’t believe everything you read about auto insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the best ways to stop overpaying for insurance.
Discounts to lower Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates
Companies don’t always advertise every available discount very well, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden insurance coverage savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance coverage on Grand Marquis insurance.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in every state.
How to Compare Car Insurance
There are several ways to compare Mercury Grand Marquis car insurance quotes, and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could waste time talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Many of the larger companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to send in one quote, and each company provides a quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for quote requests to each company. To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to comparing rates this way is that you can’t choose the companies you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to compare, we put together a list of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If your comparisons have different deductibles it’s impossible to find the best deal for your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Factors determining your Mercury Grand Marquis insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
The following are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married can actually save you money on auto insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability coverage will protect you if you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one speeding ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many insurance companies provide better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as judges, executives and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates in part from job stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as pilots, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates on Grand Marquis insurance.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Companies give discounts to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Where you reside plays a part – Living in a rural area has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident. Urban drivers have congested traffic and longer commute times. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Mercury. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and burglary. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be on Grand Marquis insurance.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis is worth?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from flooding, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and hail damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses like funeral costs, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Grand Marquis caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like emergency aid, pain and suffering, structural damage and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Quote more, save more
In this article, we presented many ways to lower your 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for my 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis, you can compare quotes from different insurance companies. Enter your zip code to use a free quote tool that provides you with multiple quotes to compare. Remember to compare coverage limits and deductibles to ensure you’re comparing apples-to-apples.
Are there any discounts available to lower my Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates?
Yes, insurance companies often offer various discounts that can help lower your Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, and anti-theft device discounts. Contact each insurance company to inquire about the discounts you may be eligible for.
How do I compare car insurance quotes for my Mercury Grand Marquis?
There are different ways to compare car insurance quotes for your Mercury Grand Marquis. One way is to use an insurance system that allows you to submit one quote request, and multiple companies provide quotes based on that information. Another option is to individually request quotes from different insurance companies. Make sure to compare coverage limits and deductibles for accurate comparisons.
What factors determine my Mercury Grand Marquis insurance premium?
Insurance premiums for your Mercury Grand Marquis are determined by several factors. These factors may include your driving record, age, location, credit history, the coverage options you choose, and the deductible amounts. Each insurance company has its own formula for calculating premiums, so it’s essential to compare quotes from multiple companies.
What coverages should I consider for my Mercury Grand Marquis?
When choosing insurance coverage for your Mercury Grand Marquis, consider options such as liability coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, and coverage for medical payments or personal injury protection. The specific coverages you need depend on your circumstances and preferences. Discuss your needs with an insurance agent for personalized guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area