2005 Nissan Xterra Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Sick and tired of paying out the nose to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers.
You have so many insurers to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to adequately compare rates.
You should make it a habit to compare prices before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Xterra insurance a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is a lot of wrong information about insurance coverage online, so with this article, you’re going to get some excellent ideas to reduce your insurance coverage bill.
Buying car insurance is not that difficult. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. But drivers must know the way insurance companies determine prices.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates is to understand most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including your job, if your license is active, the ages of drivers, and how much coverage you want. The rating information is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on your policy on Xterra insurance.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of companies offering car insurance discounts, click here.
Everyone needs different coverages
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Nissan Xterra rate determination is complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rates.
- Lower rates come with age – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers are known to be more careless when driving therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- More claims means more premium – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies provide lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Nissan scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Careers like judges, executives and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as actors, athletes and the unemployed pay the least on Xterra insurance.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many companies will give a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Nissan Xterra.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, court costs, bail bonds and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like rock chips in glass, vandalism, hail damage, falling objects and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Xterra from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, rolling your car and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, funeral costs, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Have money to burn
Cost effective 2005 Nissan Xterra insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area