2006 Ford Taurus Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance rates for your Ford Taurus? Searching for low-cost insurance for a new or used Ford Taurus can turn out to be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Ford and locate the lowest price.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around periodically since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Taurus coverage six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Locating affordable insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to get comparison rates on the web.
Discounts mean cheaper Ford Taurus insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on Taurus coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts, click this link.
Factors that might impact rates for a Ford Taurus
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- A clean driving record saves money – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Just one ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers with serious tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- High deductibles save money – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Taurus coverage.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your insurance policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2006 Ford Taurus?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2006 Ford Taurus?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
The fine print in car insurance ads
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all say the same thing about savings if you move your policy.
How can each company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of customer they prefer to insure. An example of a driver they prefer might be a mature driver, is a homeowner, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t qualify for the requirements will be charged more money and ends up with business not being written. The ads say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
That is why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which insurance companies will have the lowest Ford Taurus insurance rates.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2006 Ford Taurus.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for doctor visits, surgery, nursing services and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, falling objects and fire damage. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just showed you a lot of techniques to shop for 2006 Ford Taurus insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation or even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area