Cheapest 2006 GMC Yukon XL Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your GMC Yukon XL? Are you sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other drivers.
You have so many car insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance coverage.
These discounts can lower your rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every available discount very well, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your GMC can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to frequent claim filers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on Yukon XL insurance.
- Own a Home – Owning a house can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount on Yukon XL insurance with certain companies.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not apply everywhere.
Auto Insurance Quote Comparison
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices is a ton of work if you don’t know the fastest way to get free quotes. You could waste a few hours driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you could use the internet to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most of the best insurance companies belong to an insurance system that allows shoppers to enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company provides a quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is you don’t know exactly the providers to get quotes from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we have a page of low cost auto insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use exactly the same coverages and limits for each price quote. If you are comparing different values for each quote it’s impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Just a small difference in coverages can result in a big premium difference. Keep in mind that more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best price.
Different people need different coverages
When choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- When should I not file a claim?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills like surgery, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Auto collision coverage
This covers damage to your Yukon XL resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as rolling your car, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a broken windshield, theft, hitting a deer, fire damage and hitting a bird. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Keep this in mind
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Affordable 2006 GMC Yukon XL insurance can be found both online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area