Cheapest 2007 GMC Yukon XL Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance for a new or used GMC Yukon XL could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a GMC and locate the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
Locating affordable coverage is simple if you know the tricks. If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Drivers only need an understanding of the most effective way to shop their coverage around online.
Best discounts on GMC Yukon XL coverage
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less as compared to bad drivers.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Yukon XL coverage than drivers with accidents.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance coverage for Yukon XL coverage.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Own a Home – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in your area.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for doctor visits, EMT expenses and nursing services. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Yukon XL resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as emergency aid, medical expenses and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive car insurance
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hail damage, hitting a bird, fire damage, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Buy online or local, you save
Low-cost 2007 GMC Yukon XL insurance can be found from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to compare insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
Much more information about auto insurance can be found on the following sites:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2007 GMC Yukon XL in 2023?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for your 2007 GMC Yukon XL, you can follow these five steps:
- Shop around: Get quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare their rates and coverage options.
- Research discounts: Inquire about any available discounts that you may qualify for, such as multi-policy, safe driver, or anti-theft device discounts.
- Maintain a good driving record: Having a clean driving record without accidents or traffic violations can help lower your insurance premiums.
- Choose higher deductibles: Opting for higher deductibles can reduce your premium costs, but remember that you’ll need to pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Consider bundling: If you have other insurance policies, like homeowners or renters insurance, bundling them with your Yukon XL coverage could lead to additional savings.
Does the age of my 2007 GMC Yukon XL affect the insurance rates in 2023?
Yes, the age of your 2007 GMC Yukon XL can affect your insurance rates. Generally, as a vehicle gets older, it may have a lower value, which can result in lower insurance premiums. However, other factors such as the vehicle’s safety features, repair costs, and theft rates may also impact the insurance rates.
Are there any specific factors that affect insurance rates for a 2007 GMC Yukon XL?
Yes, several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 2007 GMC Yukon XL. Here are the top six factors:
- Your driving history and claims record
- Your age and gender
- Your location and local crime rates
- The coverage limits and deductibles you choose
- The vehicle’s safety features and anti-theft devices
- The intended use of the vehicle (personal, business, etc.)
Are there any safety features on a 2007 GMC Yukon XL that can lower insurance rates?
Yes, your insurance premiums may decrease if your 2007 GMC Yukon XL has specific safety features. Here are the six security aspects that insurers frequently take into account:
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Airbags (front, side, and curtain)
- Stability control
- Anti-theft devices
- Rearview cameras or parking sensors
- Advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) such as lane departure warning or forward collision warning
Is it possible to get discounts on insurance for a 2007 GMC Yukon XL?
Insuring your 2007 GMC Yukon XL may qualify you for a number of savings, including the following six frequently offered by insurance companies:
- Multi-policy discount: Insuring multiple vehicles or combining home and auto insurance with the same provider.
- Good driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record without accidents or traffic violations.
- Safety features discount: Having certain safety features installed in your vehicle.
- Anti-theft device discount: Installing anti-theft devices that can deter theft or aid in recovery.
- Low mileage discount: Driving fewer miles than the average annual mileage.
- Good student discount: If you or a covered driver on your policy is a full-time student with good grades.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area