Compare 2006 Scion xB Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have options when shopping for affordable Scion xB insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Scion and get the lowest price.
How to Buy Auto Insurance Online
Getting better 2006 Scion xB auto insurance pricing can be relatively painless. The only thing you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing rates online with multiple companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- Probably the best way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form will return quotes instantly. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A harder way to get comparison quotes consists of visiting each company’s website and request a quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare Progressive, Esurance and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates is driving around to different agent offices. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the personal advice of a local agent. Drivers can comparison shop online and still use a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever way you use, be sure to compare the exact same coverage information on every quote. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before being credited. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% on xB insurance.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount on xB insurance depending on your company.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- College Student – Children who live away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break simply for signing on their website.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies that may offer these benefits include:
Double check with every prospective company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered in every state.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What are the best liability limits?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability auto insurance – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like court costs, bail bonds, medical expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Scion xB.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses like chiropractic care, dental work and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
More effort can pay off
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can compare 2006 Scion xB insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
Budget-conscious insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area