Cheapest 2008 Scion xB Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 27, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates for your Scion xB? Beginners to comparing rates online can find buying affordable insurance quite challenging.
It’s a great practice to check insurance prices quite often since rates are constantly changing. If you had the lowest price for xB insurance a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some tested techniques to find cheap insurance.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount for xB insurance with select insurance companies.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Student in College – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts, click here to view.
Scion xB rate determination is complex
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Car features impact rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem good at first, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who get severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Do you know your deductibles? – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, vandalism, or theft. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be for xB insurance.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2008 Scion xB by improving your credit score. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit scores.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2008 Scion xB?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Ads can be misleading
State Farm, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on television and other media. All the companies have a common claim about savings if you change your coverage to them. How does each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. A driver who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who do not match the “perfect” profile will be quoted a more expensive rate and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why you need to get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Scion xB insurance.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Insurance for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, funeral costs, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2008 Scion xB.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto liability – This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as funeral expenses, attorney fees, medical expenses and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your xB resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, vandalism and hitting a bird. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
We’ve covered many ideas to reduce 2008 Scion xB insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim and delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance coverage company is less work than it seems.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area