Cheapest 2007 Audi A6 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Audi A6 insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Audi and find the cheapest rates.
You need to do rate comparisons yearly because prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates for A6 coverage a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
This article will help you learn how to get online quotes. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Drivers just need to learn the tricks to compare price quotes online.
Complexity of Audi A6 insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Are you male or female? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Teen drivers are known to be less responsible behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver to your car insurance policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even one speeding ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. If you have flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
All major insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO quote coverage price quotes online. Getting online rates is pretty easy as you just enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. When complete, the company’s rating system orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information based on these and other factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to several different sites and enter the same data into a form gets old quite quickly. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to find lower prices.
The preferred way to find cheaper rates utilizes a single form that gets price quotes from more than one company. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes price shopping online much simpler. As soon as the form is sent, it is quoted and you can choose any one of the price quotes you receive.
If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and may save quite a bit of money.
To compare pricing, click here and submit the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The fine print in insurance ads
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all say the same thing about savings if you move your policy.
But how can every company make the same claim?
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a profitable customer could be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has great credit. A propective insured who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who are not a match for these standards will have to pay higher rates which leads to business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, it is so important to compare many company’s rates. It’s impossible to know which insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Audi A6 insurance rates.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount for A6 coverage depending on your company.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may qualify for better insurance coverage rates for A6 coverage.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for A6 coverage than drivers with accidents.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
What coverages do I need?
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2007 Audi A6 to commute?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your A6 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2007 Audi A6.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like surgery, prosthetic devices, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
A penny earned…
Budget-conscious 2007 Audi A6 insurance can be found both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers and even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is easier than you think.
Additional insurance information is located at these links:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are insurance rates generally higher for a 2007 Audi A6 compared to newer car models?
Generally, older car models like the 2007 Audi A6 tend to have lower insurance rates compared to newer car models. This is primarily because older vehicles have lower market values, which can result in lower costs for insurance companies in case of a total loss. However, other factors such as the car’s safety features, repair costs, and historical claims data can still affect the insurance rates.
What are some ways to potentially reduce the insurance rates for a 2007 Audi A6?
Here are top six strategies that could potentially help reduce insurance rates for a 2007 Audi A6:
- Research and compare quotes from different insurance providers to find the best available rates.
- Maintain a good driving record and avoid traffic violations or accidents.
- Increase deductibles choosing a higher deductible amount can lower the premium, but it means paying more out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Explore discounts such as multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, or safe driver discounts.
- Install safety features like anti-theft systems or car alarms may result in lower insurance premiums.
- Consider usage-based insurance which offer programs where the premium is based on actual driving habits. If you have a low annual mileage, this could potentially lower your rates.
Are there any specific insurance providers that offer competitive rates for a 2007 Audi A6?
Insurance rates can vary depending on numerous factors, including location and individual circumstances. It is recommended to request quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates for a 2007 Audi A6. Some well-known insurance companies that you may consider getting quotes from include Geico, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Nationwide.
Does the type of coverage I choose affect the insurance rates for a 2007 Audi A6?
Yes, the type of coverage you choose can influence the insurance rates for a 2007 Audi A6. Generally, comprehensive and collision coverage, which provide protection against theft, damage, and accidents, tend to be more expensive than liability-only coverage. The level of coverage you select and any additional optional coverages will impact your insurance premium.
Are there any specific safety features on a 2007 Audi A6 that can help lower insurance rates?
The 2007 Audi A6 comes with several standard safety features that may help lower insurance rates. These features can include anti-lock brakes (ABS), electronic stability control (ESC), airbags, and traction control. Additionally, advanced safety features like adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, or blind-spot monitoring systems could potentially qualify for insurance discounts with some providers.
Are there any insurance companies that specialize in providing coverage for older vehicles like the 2007 Audi A6?
While not specific to the 2007 Audi A6, some insurance companies specialize in providing coverage for classic or vintage vehicles. These companies may have policies tailored to the unique needs of older vehicles, including agreed value coverage and special restoration coverage. However, it’s important to research and compare quotes from various providers to ensure you’re getting the best rates and coverage for your 2007 Audi A6.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area