2015 Audi A6 Insurance Rates – 10 Tips to Save
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper car insurance rates for your Audi A6? Finding cheaper insurance for an Audi A6 can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Audi and get the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best price for A6 insurance a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the best way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Finding Car Insurance Deals
Most major insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get price estimates on their websites. Getting online rates doesn’t take much effort as you just type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system gets your driving record and credit report and returns a price based on many factors.
Online price quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to different websites and type in the same information can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes in order to find a better rate.
Quote rates the easy way
The quickest way to lower your car insurance bill utilizes a single form to return rates from a bunch of companies at once. It’s a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes online quotes much more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the quotes returned. If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase coverage. It takes just a few minutes to complete and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, simply click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you’re receiving rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
How to reduce Audi A6 insurance rates
Companies don’t always list every discount very well, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on insurance coverage for A6 insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for A6 insurance than drivers with accidents.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance coverage rates, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What happens if I owe more than my 2015 Audi A6 is worth?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, dental work, chiropractic care and funeral costs. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your A6 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like theft, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Audi A6.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area