Cheapest 2007 Pontiac G5 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive auto insurance can drain your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Drivers have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest cost provider.
The purpose of this post is to familiarize you with how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Although car owners benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways to get quotes from local insurance companies. The recommended way to find the lowest 2007 Pontiac G5 rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be done in several different ways.
- One of the best ways to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing separate quotes for each company. Completing one form will return quotes from several companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to shop for insurance online requires you to visit the website of each company to complete a price quote. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from GEICO, Farmers and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least efficient way of getting rate comparisons is to drive around to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the personal advice of a licensed agent. You can, however, compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent.
However you get your quotes, ensure you are comparing the exact same coverages and limits for each price quote. If each company quotes mixed coverages you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your Pontiac G5. Slightly different limits can result in a big premium difference. Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding the best price.
Save $471 a year? Really?
Car insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on television and other media. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save if you move your policy. How does each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured could be between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives newer vehicles. A driver who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be quoted a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer not buying. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to compare many company’s rates. It’s not possible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Pontiac G5 insurance rates.
Discounts on 2007 Pontiac G5 insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% for G5 insurance with certain companies.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for G5 insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy for G5 insurance.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Pontiac can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Discounts might not apply in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance policy coverages for a Pontiac G5
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2007 Pontiac G5.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, nursing services and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your G5 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims like legal defense fees, court costs and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, falling objects and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
One last thing
We just showed you a lot of ways to get a better price on 2007 Pontiac G5 insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area