Cheapest 2008 Acura MDX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Price shopping your insurance coverage can seem to be difficult for consumers new to comparing rates online. People have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a real hassle to find the best price.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Locating affordable coverage can be fairly easy. But drivers do need to understand the way insurance companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts are basically free money
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- E-sign – Certain companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your policy for MDX insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
Insurance companies that may have these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in your state.
How to Compare Car Insurance Rates
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes and find the best price. The best method to find competitive 2008 Acura MDX insurance rates consists of shopping online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The recommended way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for each company. Just one form compares rates direct from many companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A harder way to find lower rates is spending the time to visit the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare State Farm, Allstate and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make sure you use identical coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you are comparing different deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Slightly different limits could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that more quotes provides better odds of finding the best rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Learn about car insurance coverages for an Acura MDX
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like court costs, medical expenses, attorney fees and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for pain medications, hospital visits, prosthetic devices, doctor visits and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like vandalism, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed and a broken windshield. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 2008 Acura MDX.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
In the end, you save
You just learned some good ideas how to get a better price on 2008 Acura MDX insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium or high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
Discount insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
Use our FREE quote tool to compare rates now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the 2008 Acura MDX considered an expensive vehicle to insure?
The cost of insurance can vary depending on many factors, including the model and year of the vehicle. While the 2008 Acura MDX is generally not considered an excessively expensive vehicle to insure, it’s always recommended to obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare rates.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for offering competitive rates for a 2008 Acura MDX?
Insurance rates can vary significantly between different insurance companies. Some insurers may have more favorable rates for certain vehicles, including the 2008 Acura MDX. It is recommended to research and obtain quotes from several insurance providers to find the best rates for your specific situation.
Can I reduce the insurance costs for my 2008 Acura MDX by installing safety features?
Yes, installing safety features in your 2008 Acura MDX can potentially help lower your insurance costs. Features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, alarm systems, and anti-theft devices can make your vehicle safer and decrease the risk of theft or accidents, which may result in reduced insurance premiums. It is advisable to check with your insurance provider to determine which safety features may qualify for discounts.
Can I get classic car insurance for a 2008 Acura MDX?
Classic car insurance is typically designed for vehicles that are older, collectible, or have historical value. While the 2008 Acura MDX may be considered a classic car in the future, it is unlikely to qualify for classic car insurance at the moment. Classic car insurance policies usually have specific eligibility criteria based on the vehicle’s age, condition, and usage.
Can I adjust my coverage options to reduce insurance costs for my 2008 Acura MDX?
Yes, adjusting your coverage options can help reduce insurance costs for your 2008 Acura MDX. For example, you can opt for higher deductibles, reduce coverage limits, or eliminate certain optional coverages to lower your premium. However, it’s important to carefully consider the potential impact on your overall coverage and financial protection before making any changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area