Cheapest 2008 Audi A3 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 11, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper car insurance rates for your Audi A3? I can’t think of anyone who cherishes buying car insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
Because you have many companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for consumers to locate the most affordable car insurance company.
It’s important to check car insurance prices once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. If you had the best deal for A3 insurance a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. So ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn one of the easiest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The purpose of this article is to teach you how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Nevertheless, drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurers with discount insurance coverage rates, click here.
How to Get Insurance Coverage Comparison Quotes
There are several ways to get quotes from local insurance coverage companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest 2008 Audi A3 insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- One of the best ways to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form keeps you from doing boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. One simple form compares rates from all major companies.
- A less efficient way to get comparison quotes requires visiting the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Farmers, GEICO and American Family. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method of comparing rate quotes is to spend your day driving to different agent offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. Drivers can comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make sure you use exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If you compare differing limits then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. And when price shopping your coverage, more quotes will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
Your Audi A3 insurance rate is a complex equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate prices.
- Older drivers pay less – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Teen drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Audi. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and burglary. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be for A3 insurance.
- Always keep insurance in force – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may have to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- How’s your driving record? – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who get severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- More people means more accidents – Being located in a rural area can save you money when talking about car insurance. City drivers have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are many extra bells and whistles you can purchase when buying car insurance. Coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Car insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like emergency aid, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Audi A3.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from getting keyed, fire damage and vandalism. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This pays for damage to your A3 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for pain medications, EMT expenses, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Money doesn’t grow on trees
We just showed you many ways to get a better price on 2008 Audi A3 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area