Cheap 2008 HUMMER H2 SUT Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 10, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower auto insurance rates for your HUMMER H2 SUT? Are you a victim of overpriced auto insurance? Trust us, there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance. There are many auto insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to find the lowest rates.
This article will instruct you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. Consumers just need to learn the most efficient way to compare rates over the internet.
Discounts on 2008 HUMMER H2 SUT insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less on H2 SUT coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Own a Home – Owning a house may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will reduce your premiums.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply in your state.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Costs
Finding cheaper 2008 HUMMER H2 SUT auto insurance prices is surprisingly easy. You just need to invest a little time comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The best way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating a different quote for each company. A single, simple form will get you rate comparisons from multiple companies.
- A different way to find lower rates requires a trip to the website for each individual company to complete a price quote.
- The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates is driving around to different agent offices. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the professional advice of a licensed agent. However, consumers can get prices online and still use a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Which method you use is up to you, but make sure you use the exact same quote information for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best.
Complexity of HUMMER H2 SUT insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Youthful drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Only having one moving violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get serious violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
Don’t listen to company ads
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make an identical promise about savings if you switch your policy.
How do they all make almost identical claims?
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t meet this ideal profile must pay higher premiums which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That is how companies can state the savings.
This illustrates why you should get quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest HUMMER H2 SUT insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
This pays for damage to your H2 SUT caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like doctor visits, ambulance fees, nursing services and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical services, structural damage and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like vandalism, damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Shop around and save
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can lower your 2008 HUMMER H2 SUT insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area