Cheapest 2005 Hummer H2 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Consumers have options when looking for affordable HUMMER H2 insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to compare rates for your HUMMER and get the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest rates for H2 coverage a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the best ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
How to reduce HUMMER H2 insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off for H2 coverage with a few car insurance companies.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy for H2 coverage.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts, click this link.
How to Buy Insurance Online
All major insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get pricing on their websites. The process is pretty easy as you just type in your required coverages into the quote form. After you submit the form the system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price determined by many factors.
This helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit several different sites and complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to get a lower rate.
An easier way to lower your insurance bill utilizes a single form that gets prices from more than one company. This type of form saves time, requires less work, and makes comparison shopping much easier. After sending your information, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any or none of the resulting price quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. It just takes a couple of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To compare rates using this form now, click here to open in a new tab and fill out the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, X-ray expenses, hospital visits, doctor visits and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs, medical expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your H2 resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 2005 HUMMER H2.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as falling objects, vandalism, hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Feed the piggy bank
We just presented many tips how you can get a better price on 2005 HUMMER H2 insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
More learning opportunities
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I reduce HUMMER H2 insurance rates?
To reduce insurance rates for your HUMMER H2, it’s important to take advantage of available discounts offered by insurance companies. While not all discounts apply to every coverage, they can help lower your premiums. It’s recommended to explore discounts specific to your situation to maximize savings.
How can I buy insurance online?
Major insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO, and Progressive allow you to get pricing on their websites. By entering your required coverages into the quote form and providing necessary information about your driving record and credit history, you can receive a price determined by various factors. However, visiting multiple sites and completing several quote forms can be time-consuming. Alternatively, you can use a single form that gathers prices from multiple companies, making comparison shopping faster and easier.
How can I tailor my coverage to my needs?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. The best coverage for you depends on various factors specific to your situation. If you’re unsure about the right coverage for your needs, it may be helpful to speak with a licensed insurance agent who can provide professional guidance tailored to your circumstances.
What are the different parts of an auto insurance policy?
Auto insurance coverages include:
- Medical costs insurance (Med pay and PIP): Covers short-term medical expenses like hospital and doctor visits, funeral costs, and injuries sustained while walking.
- Auto liability: Covers damages or injuries caused to others in an accident, protecting you from legal claims. It doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
- Collision coverage: Pays for damage to your HUMMER H2 resulting from collisions with vehicles or objects. A deductible applies before coverage kicks in.
- UM/UIM Coverage: Protects you and your vehicle when other drivers are uninsured or underinsured. It covers injuries and vehicle damage.
- Comprehensive or Other Than Collision: Covers damage to your vehicle from non-collision events like vandalism, falling objects, and hitting a deer. A deductible applies.
How can I save money on car insurance?
To save money on car insurance, it’s important to compare rates from different companies. By obtaining multiple quotes, you increase your chances of finding the lowest premiums. Additionally, consider adjusting your coverage and deductibles to fit your needs and budget. However, it’s crucial not to sacrifice essential coverage for the sake of saving money.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area