View 2005 HUMMER H2 SUT Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who enjoys paying for insurance, especially knowing the price is too high.
Multiple insurers compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the definite lowest price
Consumers should take time to check insurance prices occasionally since rates change quite often. Just because you found the lowest rates for H2 SUT insurance a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use the internet to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to save some money using these methods. Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although vehicle owners must know the methods companies use to price online insurance.
Don’t miss these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your premiums.
Companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere.
What determines your HUMMER H2 SUT insurance premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating insurance coverage rates. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
- More claims means more premium – Car insurance companies award better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.You may then be required to file a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Increase deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your HUMMER. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your insurance coverage will be for H2 SUT insurance.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2005 HUMMER H2 SUT by improving your rating.
- Being married is a good thing – Getting married actually saves money on your insurance coverage policy. Marriage translates into being more responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Where you live is a factor – Choosing to live in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying insurance coverage. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated areas tend to have much more traffic to deal with and longer commute times. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your HUMMER H2 SUT has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
When might I need help?
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2005 HUMMER H2 SUT?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2005 HUMMER H2 SUT to commute?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance specifics
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses like pain medications, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your HUMMER H2 SUT.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability insurance – This will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a broken windshield, hail damage, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Never pay more for less
Affordable 2005 HUMMER H2 SUT insurance is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Additional learning opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area