How Much Does 2004 HUMMER H2 Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better auto insurance rates for your HUMMER H2? Searching for cheap auto insurance over the internet is problematic for beginners to buying insurance on the web. When there are so many online companies, how can consumers effectively compare every company to locate the cheapest available price?
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage is not that difficult. Although vehicle owners do need to know the way companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Factors determining your HUMMER H2 insurance premium
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Always keep insurance in force – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- One company can mean more discounts – The majority of insurers will award you with lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information such as the ages of drivers, whether you are single or married, if it has an alarm system, and your credit rating estimate. Your information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available.
Don’t listen to company ads
Insurance providers like State Farm and Allstate consistently run ads on television and other media. They all make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change your policy. How do they all make the same claim?
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk might be over the age of 50, a clean driving record, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who don’t meet the requirements will be charged a higher premium which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads state “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
That is why you should get as many quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Don’t miss these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for H2 insurance with select insurance companies.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10% for H2 insurance.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates, follow this link.
When might I need help?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does my 2004 HUMMER H2 qualify for pleasure use?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like fire damage, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, theft and hitting a deer. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your HUMMER H2.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as court costs, medical services and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision – This coverage covers damage to your H2 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like chiropractic care, dental work, surgery and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Shop around and save
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for 2004 HUMMER H2 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Budget-conscious insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area