Cheapest 2009 Chevrolet Aveo Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Chevrolet Aveo? Searching for cheaper insurance for a Chevy Aveo can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance coverage buying tips to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance coverage so we’re going to tell you the best way to quote coverages for your Chevy and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
It’s important to price shop coverage yearly due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. Even if you got the best price on Aveo insurance a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because we’re going to demonstrate the proper way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
All the larger car insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get coverage price quotes on the web. Getting online quotes is fairly straightforward as you just enter your required coverages into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price.
Online price quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit each company’s website and repetitively complete many quote forms gets old quite quickly. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest price.
Quote rates the easy way
A quicker way to get multiple rate quotes uses one simple form to return rates from a lot of companies. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison a little more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated and you can choose any or none of the pricing results.
If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes 15 minutes at the most and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To save time and find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Misconceptions in car insurance advertisements
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance by State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all have a common claim about savings if you change to their company.
How does each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 40, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any driver who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who do not match these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why you need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s impossible to know which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Chevy Aveo insurance rates.
Chevy Aveo insurance rates have many determining factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Even a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Credit scores impact insurance rates – Your credit history is a huge factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2009 Chevrolet Aveo by improving your credit score. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. If your policy improperly rates your Aveo can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Aveo policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem good at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Your age impacts your rates – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when driving so insurance rates are higher. Having to add a young driver onto a policy can break the bank. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Occupations such as real estate brokers, executives and accountants tend to have higher rates than average because of stressful work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, professions such as actors, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates on Aveo insurance.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Best discounts on Chevy Aveo coverage
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on Aveo insurance depending on your company.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Aveo insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies with discount insurance coverage rates, click this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Aveo resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2009 Chevy Aveo.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for surgery, pain medications and X-ray expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like falling objects, a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
This can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Get your money’s worth
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on 2009 Chevy Aveo insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Low-cost insurance is attainable on the web and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Additional car insurance information can be found at the links below
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find cheaper insurance coverage rates for my 2009 Chevrolet Aveo?
To find cheaper insurance coverage rates for your 2009 Chevrolet Aveo, it is recommended to shop around and compare quotes from different insurance companies. You can visit the websites of larger car insurance companies or use online quote comparison tools to get multiple rate quotes easily. By comparing quotes, you increase your chances of finding the best price for your coverage.
Is it necessary to price shop for insurance coverage yearly?
Yes, it is important to price shop for insurance coverage on a yearly basis. Insurance rates can change regularly, so even if you found the best price for your Aveo insurance a few years ago, there is a good chance you can find a lower rate today. By regularly comparing quotes, you can ensure that you are not overpaying for your coverage and potentially save money.
Why do different car insurance companies make almost identical claims about savings?
Car insurance companies often make similar claims about savings because they have a preferred profile for the type of driver that is profitable for them. They offer the lowest rates to drivers who meet certain qualifications, such as being over the age of 40, having no driving citations, and driving fewer than a certain number of miles per year. These drivers are considered low-risk and are more likely to save money by switching to a new insurance company. However, it’s important to compare rates from multiple companies to find the one that offers the best price for your specific profile.
What factors determine Chevy Aveo insurance rates?
Chevy Aveo insurance rates are influenced by various factors, including your driving record, age, location, credit history, and the coverage options you choose. Insurance companies assess these factors to determine the level of risk associated with insuring you and calculate your premium accordingly. It’s a good idea to review these factors and consider any potential discounts or adjustments you can make to lower your insurance rates.
What are some discounts available for Chevy Aveo coverage?
There are several discounts that may be available for Chevy Aveo coverage, including safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, anti-theft device discounts, and good student discounts. These discounts can help reduce the cost of your coverage. However, it’s important to note that not all discounts may apply to your specific situation, and they may only reduce the cost of certain coverages. To ensure you’re receiving all the discounts you qualify for, it’s best to discuss them with your insurance provider or agent.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area