Cheapest 2011 Chevrolet Aveo Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one likes having to buy insurance coverage, especially knowing the cost is way too high. Consumers have many insurers to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest cost provider.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
Finding a better price on car insurance is actually quite simple. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The most efficient way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for every car insurance company. One quote request gets you price quotes from car insurance companies with the best prices.
- Another way to compare rate quotes requires a visit to the website for every company you want to comare and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare Liberty Mutual, Farmers and GEICO. You would have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method.For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but compare apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If your comparisons have mixed coverages it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Drivers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all say the same thing of big savings after switching to them.
How do they all say the same thing?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a profitable customer might be between 25 and 40, a clean driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the requirements must pay higher prices and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. This is how insurance companies can claim big savings. This illustrates why it is so important to quote coverage with many companies. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Chevy Aveo insurance rates.
Chevy Aveo insurance rates consist of many parts
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
The following are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can buy on your Aveo policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most insurers provide better rates to insureds who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you may still want to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Aveo insurance.
- Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers tend to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving more miles in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your Aveo can cost quite a bit. Make sure your auto insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage.
How to reduce Chevy Aveo insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not list all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for Aveo insurance with certain companies.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10% for Aveo insurance.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A partial list of companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2011 Chevy Aveo is worth?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2011 Chevy Aveo?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance coverage options for a 2011 Chevy Aveo
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage, hail damage and vandalism. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses such as hospital visits, pain medications, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision – This pays for damage to your Aveo from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with a tree, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage – This provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Get your money’s worth
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost 2011 Chevy Aveo insurance is attainable on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area