2009 Mercury Sable Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower insurance rates for your Mercury Sable? Are you a victim of overpriced insurance? Trust us, there are many people just like you.
Drivers have so many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to find the best rates.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates is to know the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is take a few minutes to give details such as if you have an active license, how your vehicles are used, types of safety features, and deductibles desired. That information gets transmitted to multiple companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
Take advantage of discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying auto insurance on Sable insurance.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will bring down your premiums.
Insurance companies that may offer these discounts include:
- State Farm
- Farm Bureau
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered in every state.
Factors that might impact rates for a Mercury Sable
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
- Car features impact rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Having a spouse can actually save you money on auto insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a ton of extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect usage on your Sable can result in significantly higher rates.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive on Sable insurance.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower ratings. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2009 Mercury Sable by repairing your credit.
How to know if you need help
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2009 Mercury Sable?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is my Mercury Sable covered if I use it for business?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Can switching companies really save?
Companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on television and other media. All the ads have a common claim that you can save after switching to their company. How do they all say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a profitable customer might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t meet the requirements will be charged more money which leads to business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can state the savings.
That is why you should quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict the company that will have the lowest Mercury Sable insurance rates.
Specific coverages for a Mercury Sable
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Auto liability insurance – This will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees, court costs and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Sable caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, theft, rock chips in glass, vandalism and a broken windshield. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, hospital visits, ambulance fees, funeral costs and nursing services. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Shop Smart and Save
Affordable 2009 Mercury Sable insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to compare insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More information can be found at these links:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area