Cheapest 2009 Pontiac G8 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating cheaper insurance for a new or used Pontiac G8 could be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy. There is a better way to find insurance coverage online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages on a Pontiac and locate the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Complexity of Pontiac G8 insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Where you live can impact rates – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Careers like real estate brokers, social workers and stock brokers have the highest rates in part from job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, students and retirees get better rates on G8 insurance.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Things like roadside assistance, accidental death and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Only having one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your Pontiac every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your auto insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your G8 may be costing you.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Not having insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered in your area.
How can State Farm, Allstate and GEICO save drivers who switch?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you switch to their company.
How can each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has a short commute. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Consumers who fall outside the requirements must pay higher prices which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can truthfully claim big savings. This illustrates why it is so important to get quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What coverages do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of car insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your G8 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims like pain and suffering, loss of income and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Pontiac G8.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from getting keyed, vandalism, fire damage and theft. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as hospital visits, X-ray expenses and nursing services. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
The bottom line
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for 2009 Pontiac G8 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Discount insurance is attainable online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Much more information about car insurance is available below:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area