Cheapest 2009 Suzuki SX4 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who likes paying for insurance, in particular when they are paying too much. Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the absolute lowest price
You need to check insurance prices before your policy renews since rates change regularly. Even if you got the best rates for SX4 insurance a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance on the internet, so we’re going to give you some of the best ways to buy insurance cheaper.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. Consumers only need an understanding of the most effective way to shop for insurance over the internet.
Free Car Insurance Quotes
Finding a lower price on 2009 Suzuki SX4 insurance is actually quite simple. You just need to take a few minutes getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests to each individual car insurance company. One simple form will get you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- Another way to obtain and compare quotes online is to manually visit each individual company website to complete a price quote. For example, let’s assume you want to compare Allstate, Progressive and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, ensure you’re using apples-to-apples information for each comparison quote. If each company quotes different deductibles then you won’t be able to truly determine the lowest rate.
Suzuki SX4 premiums are determined by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- Equipment add-ons that lower insurance coverage rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
- Discounts for married couples – Getting married can get you a discount when buying insurance coverage. It is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most insurance coverage companies provide better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If the Suzuki SX4 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Not having insurance is against the law and insurance coverage companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and membership fees may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- How credit affects insurance coverage rates – Credit rating is a important factor in your rate calculation. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2009 Suzuki SX4 by improving your rating.
Discounts can save BIG
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% for SX4 insurance with a few insurance coverage companies.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies who might offer these discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply in every state.
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is my Suzuki SX4 covered if I use it for business?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as falling objects, a broken windshield and hitting a bird. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your SX4 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for things like X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, surgery and EMT expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, emergency aid, legal defense fees, bail bonds and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2009 Suzuki SX4.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Take this to the bank
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to save on 2009 Suzuki SX4 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Much more information about auto insurance is available at these links:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I check for insurance prices for my 2009 Suzuki SX4?
It’s recommended to check for insurance prices before your policy renews, as rates can change regularly. Even if you had the best rates for SX4 insurance a couple of years ago, there is a good chance you can find a better rate today. Staying proactive and regularly comparing insurance prices can help ensure you’re getting the most affordable coverage.
Are there any risks in relying on online information for insurance shopping?
While online resources can provide valuable information, it’s important to be cautious. The internet contains a lot of information, including some misinformation. To ensure you’re getting accurate and reliable information, it’s best to rely on reputable insurance websites, consult with licensed insurance professionals, and cross-reference information from multiple sources.
Can I save money by reducing coverage to the minimum required by law?
While reducing coverage limits may lower your premiums in the short term, it can be risky. If you’re involved in an accident, having inadequate coverage could leave you personally responsible for significant costs. It’s advisable to carefully consider your coverage needs and consult with an insurance professional to determine the appropriate level of coverage for your situation.
Can I switch insurance companies even if my policy hasn’t expired?
Yes, you can switch insurance companies at any time, even if your policy hasn’t expired. However, it’s essential to consider any cancellation fees or potential loss of prepaid premiums when making the switch. Additionally, make sure you have a new policy in place before canceling your existing coverage to avoid any gaps in insurance.
How can I handle a denied insurance claim?
If your insurance company denies your claim, you have options. First, review your policy and the specific reasons for the denial. If you believe the denial is unjustified, you can contact your insurance company and provide additional evidence or arguments to support your claim. If the issue remains unresolved, you can consider filing a complaint with your state’s insurance regulatory agency or seeking legal advice from an insurance lawyer.
Is roadside assistance coverage necessary for my Suzuki SX4?
Whether roadside assistance coverage is necessary depends on your specific needs and preferences. Roadside assistance coverage can provide valuable services such as towing, fuel delivery, tire changes, and lockout assistance. If you frequently drive in remote areas, have an older vehicle, or want the peace of mind that comes with emergency assistance, roadside assistance coverage can be beneficial. Evaluate your situation and consider the potential cost and convenience factors to decide if it’s worth adding to your insurance policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area