Compare 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 14, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have many options when trying to find low-cost Hyundai Elantra Touring insurance. They can either waste time driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Hyundai and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage yearly because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best rates for Elantra Touring insurance on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
The most recommended method to compare rates is to know the fact most insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like what your job is, types of safety features, if you have a valid license, and coverage limits. That rating data is sent automatically to all major companies and you receive quotes instantly to find the best rate.
Discounts mean cheaper Hyundai Elantra Touring insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies that may offer these discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring qualify for pleasure use?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision – This will pay to fix damage to your Elantra Touring from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, emergency aid, funeral expenses and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for EMT expenses, hospital visits, surgery and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, vandalism, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Hyundai Elantra Touring.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area