Compare 2010 Nissan Pathfinder Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding the cheapest insurance for a Nissan Pathfinder could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Nissan and get the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
Pricing the lowest cost protection is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use these tips to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Consumers just need to know the best way to shop online.
Free Quotes for Car Insurance
Shopping for lower car insurance rates can be a lot of work if you don’t understand the easiest way. You can waste a lot of time talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and every company returns a rated price based on that information. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company.
To compare pricing click to open in new window.
The one downside to pricing coverage this way is you are unable to specify which carriers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have a page of low cost car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you use apples-to-apples quote information with every price quote. If you use different liability limits it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best.
Don’t miss these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but some must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Pathfinder coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on their website.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out life insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates, click here to view.
When might I need help?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is my 2010 Nissan Pathfinder covered for flood damage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2010 Nissan Pathfinder?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, bail bonds, loss of income and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills like chiropractic care, pain medications, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Nissan Pathfinder.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and theft. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Pathfinder from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area