2010 Toyota 4Runner Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2010 Toyota 4Runner are $1,046 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $220, collision costs $288, and liability costs $402. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $446 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,240. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $3,996 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,046
Rate estimates for 2010 Toyota 4Runner Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2010 Toyota 4Runner models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $446 for a discount liability-only rate to a much higher rate of $2,240 for high-risk insurance.
These differences show why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2010 Toyota 4Runner Insurance
Shoppers have many options when shopping for low-cost Toyota 4Runner insurance. You can either spend your time driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to compare insurance coverage rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Toyota and obtain the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
This information will help educate you on the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the most efficient way to shop for insurance coverage online.
How to Get Auto Insurance
There are a variety of methods to shop for 2010 Toyota 4Runner auto insurance, but some are less time-consuming than others. You could spend your day discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could use the internet to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most car insurance companies enroll in a system where prospective buyers complete one form, and at least one company then returns a price quote based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests to every company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify which providers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to compare, we have assembled a list of auto insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage limits on every quote. If the quotes have different liability limits you will not be able to find the best deal for your Toyota 4Runner.
Save big with these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who live away from home and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for 4Runner coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for insurance for 4Runner coverage.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Toyota 4Runner insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies award cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Toyota earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Toyota in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. An improperly rated 4Runner can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Only having one ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be for 4Runner coverage.
Car insurance policy coverages for a Toyota 4Runner
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, attorney fees, emergency aid and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2010 Toyota 4Runner.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a broken windshield, vandalism, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and falling objects. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses such as funeral costs, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
A penny saved is a penny earned
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on 2010 Toyota 4Runner insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver or lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,650|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,785|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$68|
|5-yr Claim Free||$66|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$42|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.