Cheapest 2011 Dodge Nitro Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance rates for your Dodge Nitro? People who are new to buying insurance online will discover purchasing the lowest-priced insurance nearly impossible.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Nitro coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums on Nitro coverage.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
For a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts, click here.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Does my 2011 Dodge Nitro qualify for pleasure use?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What if I total my 2011 Dodge Nitro and owe more than it’s worth?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for nursing services, funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Auto liability – Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as legal defense fees, medical expenses, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2011 Dodge Nitro.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable 2011 Dodge Nitro insurance can be sourced online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver and policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for my 2011 Dodge Nitro in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your 2011 Dodge Nitro in 2023, you can use our free quote tool. Simply enter your ZIP code to compare quotes from different insurance companies. The more quotes you compare, the better chances you have of finding affordable rates.
Are there any discounts available that can help me reduce my auto insurance premiums?
Yes, there are several discounts that can help you reduce your auto insurance premiums. Some discounts are automatically applied at the time of the quote, while others may need to be specifically requested. These discounts can vary among insurance companies and may apply to specific coverages.
How do I know if I need professional advice when choosing my auto insurance coverage?
Choosing the right auto insurance coverage depends on your specific needs. While there is no perfect coverage plan, certain situations may require professional guidance. If you’re unsure about your coverage needs or can’t answer specific questions related to your situation, it may be beneficial to speak with an insurance agent. You can complete a short form to get in touch with a local agent or seek advice from a professional.
What are the different types of coverages included in a car insurance policy?
Car insurance policies typically include various types of coverages. Some common ones are:
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers damage to your vehicle from events other than collisions, such as theft or falling objects.
- Medical expense coverage: It reimburses you for medical expenses resulting from an accident, including hospital visits and rehabilitation.
- Auto liability coverage: This protects you from damages or injuries you cause to others in an accident.
- Uninsured or underinsured coverage: It provides protection when the at-fault driver doesn’t have enough insurance to cover your expenses.
- Collision coverage: This pays for damage to your vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
How can I save money on my auto insurance without compromising coverage?
While it’s important not to skimp on coverage, there are ways to save money on auto insurance. One approach is to shop around and compare quotes from different insurance companies to find the best rate. Additionally, you can consider raising your deductible, as this can lower your premiums. However, make sure you choose coverage that adequately protects you and your vehicle, rather than solely focusing on the lowest price.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area