Honda Honda Odyssey Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you had enough of paying out the nose to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than most other car owners.
Having so many companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to find the lowest cost insurance company.
Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. Just about every vehicle owner who shops for insurance coverage will most likely be able to find better rates. Nevertheless, car owners do need to understand how companies market on the web.
Honda Odyssey rate determination is complex
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- More claims means more premium – Auto insurance companies provide discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Are you male or female? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are in accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability coverage provides coverage when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in less populated areas has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than bad drivers. Just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who get serious violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
Insurance Coverage Prices Online
All major insurance coverage companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive give insurance quotes on their websites. The process is fairly straightforward as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. When complete, their rating system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote. Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to get better prices.
The easy way to compare rates
The preferred way to lower your insurance coverage bill makes use of a single form that gets prices from a lot of companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping much easier. Once the form is submitted, it gets priced and you can choose any one of the pricing results.
If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase coverage. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Car insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save after switching to their company. But how can every company say the same thing?
All companies can use profiling for the driver that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Drivers who fall outside these standards will have to pay higher prices which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those claims.
Because of the profiling, you need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Discounts are basically free money
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance for Odyssey insurance.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to buying coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might help in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2013 Honda Odyssey is worth?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
This gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Honda Odyssey.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things such as funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs, medical expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Odyssey from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, pain medications and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and vandalism. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Knowledge is power
Low-cost 2013 Honda Odyssey insurance can be found online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to lower your insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with the least-expected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Additional information is located at the links below
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area