Cheapest 2011 Nissan Frontier Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced insurance coverage policy? Trust us when we tell you there are many people just like you. Companies like Allstate and Progressive all claim big savings with advertising and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because rates go up and down regularly. If you had the best rates for Frontier insurance a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. So just forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because you’re going to get a crash course in the best way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Save big with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
Companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
- Farm Bureau
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in your area.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost
Reducing your 2011 Nissan Frontier insurance rates can be relatively painless. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
Probably the best way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing separate forms to each individual car insurance company. Completing one form gets you price quotes from all major companies.
A harder way to find lower rates consists of visiting each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare Farmers, Liberty Mutual and GMAC. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare identical coverage limits on every quote you get. If you are comparing mixed coverages it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Nissan Frontier.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like pain and suffering, legal defense fees, bail bonds and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like hospital visits, dental work, doctor visits and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Nissan Frontier.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and vandalism. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Shop. Compare. Save.
Discount 2011 Nissan Frontier insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 2011 Nissan Frontier?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 2011 Nissan Frontier, you can follow these steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices.
- Research discounts: Inquire about available discounts such as safe driver, multi-policy, or good student discounts that can help reduce your premiums.
- Increase deductibles: Consider raising your deductibles, as this can lower your insurance costs. However, keep in mind that you’ll have to pay more out of pocket in case of a claim.
- Maintain a good driving record: A clean driving record demonstrates responsible behavior and can lead to lower insurance rates.
- Review coverage levels: Assess your coverage needs and make sure you’re not paying for more coverage than necessary.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurers offer usage-based insurance programs where your premiums are based on your driving habits. If you’re a safe driver, this can potentially result in lower costs.
What factors can affect the insurance rates for a 2011 Nissan Frontier?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 2011 Nissan Frontier, including:
- Driver’s age and gender
- Location and driving environment
- Driving record and claims history
- Annual mileage and usage of the vehicle
- Vehicle’s safety features and anti-theft devices
- Coverage options and deductibles chosen
- Insurance provider’s pricing and underwriting policies
Are there any specific safety features on the 2011 Nissan Frontier that can lower insurance costs?
Yes, the presence of certain safety features on your 2011 Nissan Frontier may help lower insurance costs. Some common safety features that insurers often consider include:
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- Airbags (front, side, and curtain)
- Traction control
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Rearview camera
- Anti-theft devices
Can the location where I live impact the insurance rates for my 2011 Nissan Frontier?
Yes, the location where you live can have an impact on the insurance rates for your 2011 Nissan Frontier. Insurers take into account factors such as the crime rate, accident frequency, and the likelihood of theft in your area when determining your premiums. If you live in an area with higher rates of accidents or vehicle theft, it may result in higher insurance costs.
Are there any specific insurance discounts available for a 2011 Nissan Frontier?
Insurance discounts can vary depending on the insurance provider and your location. However, some common discounts that may be available for a 2011 Nissan Frontier include:
- Multi-vehicle discount: Insuring multiple vehicles with the same insurance provider may lead to a discount.
- Safe driver discount: If you have a clean driving record and no recent claims, you may qualify for a safe driver discount.
- Anti-theft device discount: Equipping your Frontier with anti-theft devices can lower the risk of theft, potentially resulting in a discount.
- Multi-policy discount: If you have multiple insurance policies with the same provider, such as home and auto insurance, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good student discount: Full-time students with good grades may qualify for a discount.
- Defensive driving course discount: Completing a defensive driving course can sometimes lead to a premium reduction.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area