Cheaper 2011 Subaru Outback Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Consumers have many options when looking for low-cost Subaru Outback insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Subaru and obtain the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
Cheap Car Insurance Comparisons
Cutting your car insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to take the time to get quotes online from several insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- Probably the best way to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This form keeps you from doing a different quote for each company. Filling out one form gets you price quotes from many national carriers. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more difficult way to compare rate quotes is to manually visit the website of each company and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare USAA, Safeco and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but double check that you are using the exact same deductibles and coverage limits for every company. If you use differing limits it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for Outback insurance with certain companies.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive better car insurance rates for Outback insurance.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- Farm Bureau
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts might not apply in your area.
Subaru Outback premiums are determined by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
Listed below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most insurance companies provide better rates to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married can actually save you money on insurance coverage. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies give better rates to drivers who are claim-free. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- What are your deductibles? – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your insurance coverage will be for Outback insurance.
- Your location affects your rates – Living in a rural area has it’s advantages when talking about insurance coverage. Urban drivers have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit is low, you could pay less to insure your 2011 Subaru Outback by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability insurance will protect you if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What if I total my 2011 Subaru Outback and owe more than it’s worth?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Is there truth in advertising?
Drivers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to have a common claim about savings if you switch to them.
But how can every company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable customer might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A driver who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and therefore will save a lot of money.
Consumers who fall outside this ideal profile will be quoted more money and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can make those claims.
This emphasizes why you should compare as many rates as you can. It’s impossible to know which insurance coverage company will give you the biggest savings on Subaru Outback insurance.
Car insurance coverages for a Subaru Outback
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, rock chips in glass, theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance covers damage to your Outback caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Auto liability – Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for things like chiropractic care, hospital visits, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and funeral costs. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Take this to the bank
Low-cost 2011 Subaru Outback insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We covered some good ideas how to compare insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area